Do you want to find out which video is the most popular? The video mash plugin lets you host an interactive rating game area of your website. Using this area of the website your visitors can
- Vote which video is their favourite from A vs B (randomly picked)
- Comment on the videos which is then attached to that video
- Display a ‘top 10’ videos. These are ranked using the Facemash ‘Elo Algorithm’
- Elo Algorithm is a great way to rank videos. If 10th beats the current 1st place it gets more points than if 10th beats the current 9th place.
Through using this plugin you’ll benefit from
- Finding out from your visitors which videos they like the best
- Be able to then post more of the same types of content
- Get loads more page views as people vote, and vote, and vote.
- Give a up to date ‘top 10’ of the best videos on your site
- Increase user engagement and time spent on your site
The Video Mash Plugin
To add videos you just create a new Video Mash post and add your link to either YouTube or Vimeo. The video is then automatically added to the rating game 🙂 It shows great stats for each video
- Rating – 1,400 for new videos – ranking up based on which other video they beat (uses Elo Algorithm)
- Wins: how many times it’s beaten another video
- Losses: how many times another video has beaten it
Click vote then loads in the next two videos (and registers another page view to your website). This is a great way to boost engagement and page views.
Top rated videos
With a simple shortcode on a page of your choice you can display the top 10 videos from the results of your video mash. This page is a great page to see which video tops the list.
Each video has a Facebook Comment embed and it’s own URL for sharing. This gives you more website traffic to your site from the Social Aspects of the plugin. More visitors = more votes which means a more accurate view of which video is the best.
Monetise your website
You can even place adverts on some of the pages from the plugin which will increase your CPM rates and earn you more passive income from your site.
- YouTube and Vimeo ready – rate videos and find out which is the best
- Facebook comments on each video
- Custom Post Type – each video in the ‘videomash’ has its own unique URL
- Sharing ability of each video via the unique URL brings more visitors back to your site from Facebook and other social networks
- Top 10 shortcode to display your best videos
- Shortcode (on any page) to display the video mash game
- Shortcode options (such as category) to run category specific video mash games (e.g. football teams, or best goals)